Tuesday, April 24, 2012

David's Tower

David's Tower had nothing to do with King David, or his city, which is on the entire other side of Jerusalem.  It was built by...Herod! (of course!).  Here was the site of his luxurious palace.  There were 3 towers named for his friend, brother, and favorite wife. 



This is my ridiculous getup I wore that day.  Yes I am wearing a rain coat over a dress coat and trying to keep the camera dry.

This was also the day of the scarf.  We were soaked and freezing, so a bunch of girls bought scarves and used them in the local style to stay warmer.  It worked!  I wore this scarf in different ways pretty much everyday for the rest of the trip.  Everyone had seriously under-packed on warm and waterproof clothing.  When we got home, I felt weird without it the first day!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: