Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Blog of the Sickest Sickos


I am going to rename the blog. I think I really should and then just include tips on how to meet your yearly insurance deductible as quickly as possible. (Sorry Mel, I think we have you beat this year!) Calla spent 2 days and nights in the hospital this week. She was able to come home yesterday (Saturday) morning and we are glad to have her back and on the mend. She started out with croup and then they thought she had pneumonia and/or RSV (with a fever of 106. Yikes!) and now tomorrow they will have the viral panel results back. How timely of them to get them to us after we got home. The nurses and docotors were fabulous, though, and I can once again say I am SO glad we live in a time with modern medicine and hospitals...let's just hope we don't have to take advantage of staying in one any more this year! I swear the next post will be a happy, non-sick post!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie and John said...

Wow, you have the craziest sick experiences. I'm glad she is feeling better.

Melissa B. said...

Jenny, I am so glad she is home. Calla must have the worst luck this year. Let me know if I can do anything, now that I am home again.

thejohnmfamily said...

So, you did beat us . . . by a week! Gavin has his tonsillectomy on Wedneday.

I'm so sorry. I hate having sick kids--it's such a stress. I hope she feels better soon.