It almost seems like for the last year, I’ve been living Groundhog Day. Everyday waking up just waiting and waiting for Hadden to be old enough for Kindergarten. Hadden is a VERY inquisitive kid, plus most of his friends started school last year and have been telling him how great it is ever since. He was ready in every sense. So, without further adieu…
Mr. Kindergartener
Mr. Kindergartener, with The Ham
I think the photoshoot was nearly done here.
So proud! I didn’t cry, though. Chris thought for sure I would. I’m just so proud of this amazingly smart kid!
His teacher suggested we take him to school so his first time on the bus would be coming home with just Kindergarteners. So, when we got to school, all his friends and neighbors were getting off the bus and going into the school. Hadden got a big high-five from his buddy Noah and then they dashed off. (We were chopped liver by this point, believe me). Their backpacks are reflective and they were so excited to be in school together that they moved quick!
Outside his classroom is a “Welcome to Kindergarten” sign. We tried to give him a hug and tell him goodbye, but he was sooooo excited that he ran right into his room. We had to insist on the hug and then he went right to work and was done needing us at all. It was short, and tearless!
Calla waited patiently for the bus to bring him home. It was 20 minutes late, but finally…
There he was! He, Madi, and Mason (the twins who live next door) were all sharing a seat and peeking over it to see us waiting. They were the last 3 on the bus. It was so cute.
He was just so proud and excited, but also trying to be a big kid and keep a straight face, hence the totally weird expression in the above photo. I think the bus may have been at least equally exciting as the actual school day, but he did say his favorite time was storytime. Good kid!
3 comments:
So fun! It sounds like he was definitely ready for school! How is Calla holding up without him?
Kindergarten is great!! I never went as a kids, skipped right to first grade so I've always been a bit envious of those who get to go! Congrats Hadden, you're growing up and it's so fun!
There were no tears at our house either. Everyone is just glad to be in school.
Post a Comment