Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Calla!

DSC01140

It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 years since Calla was born!  I still feel like she’s my baby, but she assures me she’s big now.  She likes to say, “I’m a big girl now, Mommy, because I eat salad.” 

We had 2 parties.  One with family on Sunday night and one with a few friends today.  She wanted a Thomas Party, which was awesome.  Since we’d done one for Hadden a few years ago, we just repeated most of the same activities! 

There was…

DSC01137 Lots of cousin play on Sunday

DSC01143 DSC01145 DSC01146 Thomas stories and train tracks with friends

Untitled 0 00 50-12Pin the nose on Thomas

Video 43 0 02 50-17 A visit from “Sir Topham Hatt”!  Calla honestly had no idea who was playing Sir Topham Hatt.  She ran over and started hugging my leg in her shy way.  Her friend Eli, who is also very familiar with Chris, ran and hid behind me.  It was honestly hilarious!

DSC01150 Presents

DSC01151 and more presents

DSC01153 and more presents

DSC01155 fun on the swingset afterwards.  (somehow I have no pictures of the decorating of traincar cupcakes.  I believe the reason for this is that all adult hands were wiping frosting from many sticky hands, arms, lets, shirts, etc. while said activity was occurring.)

DSC01166 Playing with all the toys afterwards

DSC01169

DSC01168

A trip to the “zoo” with Grandma

DSC01171

And finally, a “two year old moment.”  Why would anyone ever want to wash their hands?  I guess she wasn’t technically three until 11 p.m., so she had to have one last (ha, ha) tantrum beforehand. 

We are so glad this beautiful, loving girl is part of our family!  Happy Birthday, Calla!

DSCN2340

3 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

I can't believe she's 3 either, because that means Gavin is 4--scary. It looks like a fun day!

Melissa B. said...

Happy B day Calla!!! We miss you cute girl!

The Montaño’s said...

What a fun birthday, and two day of celebration!! Lucky, lucky girl! Your baby is almost no longer a baby! AAHHH!!