Thursday, June 3, 2010

Broken

Poor Calla. She really knows how to do things all the way. On Monday she broke her ankle! She was on the neighbor's trampoline and was instructed to get out if the big girls got in (I realize the irony of me being the "rule" parent with the casted kid). I ran inside for a minute and when I came back out the mom neighbor was telling the big girls to stop jumping so Calla could get out. Apparently they had gotten in and she was making her way out. Well, they didn't wait, one of them did a flip and landed right on/next to Calla. Poor girl! She cried for about an hour and spent the rest of the afternoon at the insta-care. They told us it wasn't broken, but it turns out the radiologist found a break (and some torn ligaments), so off to the orthopaedic we went. She now gets to wear a lovely black walking boot cast for the next six weeks. Poor, poor girl.
Here she is in her splint (they don't actually stock walking boot casts in her size, so we spent a few days with the splint waiting for the cast). By the way, isn't that dress lovely? She insisted on wearing it this day and got lots of comments on it. Thanks Grandma JaDene!
Daddy brought home some very cute balloons with super-long strings so she could sit on the floor and reach them.
To say that Hadden is having a hard time not being the center of attention would be putting it entirely too mildly. Oh, high-energy Hadden!
Here's the boot she got today. It's called a "Wee Walker." Isn't that so depressing! My kids are grounded from trampolines indefinitely. Now I really am the meanest mom on the block!

6 comments:

Liz said...

poor girl! and poor mom! you're definitely not the meanest mom on the block!

Unknown said...

Poor girl!

The MontaƱo’s said...

NO! Well, hopefully with in six weeks the weather will get better and she won't miss summer/swimming too much! That is awful but yes, that dress is adorable!

Melissa B. said...

So SAD. I have been meaning to call you. Good luck with the recovery.

Julie and John said...

I think I would be a mean mom right there with you. Poor girl. By the way, when/where did you get your piano?

Adrienne said...

My dad wouldn't ever let us get on tramps, because he was a fireman and he had to rescue too many kids from them. I totally thought it was unfair at the time, but now I have the same rule! You are a great mom with very very cute kids!