
Welcome to another episode of backwards family trip!!! Have I mentioned that blogger and I don't get along!!! Well, too bad. Here it is again: We just can't be friends. No matter how hard I try I seem to find a new way to screw it up every time. So, instead of uploading the photos for the 5th time, I'm leaving them backwards. Maybe by the time you're done looking at them our faces will have morphed from the "I'm all done with this family trip business," face back to the, "Wahoo! We're on vacation!" expression. Next time I'll upload them backwards and then maybe I'll get them right! (FYI I also accidentally posted this on the wrong blog! We have a blog for the store with some pictures on it and I checked my post only to find out it was on that blog instead. I have a blogging issue! I'm so glad I could copy and paste it here!)
We did the grand view trail in Canyonlands the last day. It was a very dramatic view, and luckily none of it was too close to the edge, so the kids were pretty safe the whole time.
Here's the view from the end of the Grand View trail.
The second day we did delicate arch. Calla walked almost the whole way down herself. Good girl!
Those two specks under the arch are Hadden and Chris. Now, everytime Hadden notices a Utah license plate with the arch, he says, "I've been there!"
Calla wasn't too big a fan of the dropoff at the top of the trail, but she was cute anyway!
The first day we did the trail at the end of Arches. It passes landscape arch (no picture, sorry) and goes up this steep slickrock portion with a dropoff on each side. This is Hadden at the top of that part. He was proud of himeself, and claims it was his favorite part of hiking.
Here we are at the second arch on that trail, which is partition arch. It was pretty, and we ate lunch there. Notice the winter wear. It was FREEZING the first day. The wind was blowing like mad and we were glad we brought warm clothes. Chris and I were sure the tent trailer would blow over in the night, but luckily it didn't. We'd heard stories about tent trailers in Moab blowing over, so when we pulled in and the visibility was 1/2 mile because of wind and blowing sand, we were a little uneasy.
3 comments:
We went to Arches all the time when I was a kid. Brings back memories!
I have never been to Arches, and I lived in UT my whole life (except the past 2 years in wretched Texas). When we get back, I am definitely going to take the trip.
Download Windows Live Writer. It will change your blogging life.
I'm so glad you guys made it to Moab!! Looks like you guys had a great trip! Now after all that hiking you're going to need a vacation of rest from your vacation of adventure! :)
Post a Comment