Monday, December 15, 2008

Buckeyes!

My grandma--my mom's mom--used to make Christmas cookies every year. My favorites were always the buckeyes. Basically, they are a really yummy Reeses peanut butter cup. She passed away a little over a year ago, so this Christmas I thought I'd make buckeyes to carry on her tradition (and because they are yummy). The kids helped, by which I mean they ate as much as possible while standing on chairs at the counter, but I did the dipping after they went to bed.

Taking a chocolate bath












All done and waiting to be eaten




Calla really liked them!
What I should have taken a picture of was my hand after I was done dipping. Next week I'll post a picture of me on the treadmill, thanks to all the buckeyes! Sorry about the formatting issues. I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind blogger's justification of the pictures.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

Those look fabulous. Maybe you could post the recipe? Look at you, super mom cooking with her kids. You are awesome. Thanks for all your help lately! We really appreciate it.

thejohnmfamily said...

John's mom makes something similar at Christmas, and John goes crazy and eats a million. Maybe I should pull out the recipe.