Hadden’s Birthday was over UEA (fall break) this year, which we loved! We headed down to Salt Lake for a weekend of fun and acting like tourists! We stayed in a hotel (thanks Kevin!) where the kids swam and played. We visited downtown and all kinds of sights. Chris and I also spent a good 3 hours in IKEA. It was the first time I’ve ever gone there with no kids and no time limit. Dangerous. Very, very dangerous!
Waiting for the train.
Here it comes!
She’s a little nervous.
In the “bride spot” on the temple.
Cute!
They thought this was so awesome to go right up to the door.
Our neighbors were also visiting temple square that day, so the kids got to see stuff with them for a while.
Grandma came too!
From the top of the Church Office Building.
Calla was loosing it by this point!
We went to Market Street Grille for Hadden’s Birthday dinner. IT WAS SU YUMMY! I can’t wait for a reason to go back!
All kinds of treats were part of the birthday package.
Hadden’s dessert. This has a funny story. We let him pick whatever he wanted off the dessert menu. This kid is a berryaholic, so we weren’t surprised that he picked this berry trifle thing. It had some sauce on it which, in hindsight, we should have asked about BEFORE we ordered it. He had a few bites (mostly of the whipped cream on top) and then let his dad taste it. Chris confirmed it was good and then passed it back to Hadden. After another minute, he passed it to me and I took a bite. It was SUPER alcoholic! Chris proceeded to tell me I had no idea what I was talking about and it was fine for Hadden to eat it. I held my ground and we asked the waitress. She confirmed that the sauce was made of three different kinds of alcohol! Oops. Hadden ate his dad’s cake and Grandpa enjoyed the rest of the trifle.
The next day was his actual birthday. We walked around the farmer’s market and had a yummy waffle downtown.
Then we headed to the tabernacle and got to hear an organ recital. Hadden is mildly obsessed with organs and he loved every minute!
The next weekend Hadden got to have a little birthday party. He wanted to go rock climbing. Since Chris and I and the other dad who was helping (thanks Ken!) had our hands on the ropes at all times, I gave my phone to the kids to take pictures...
Hadden
Kate
Noah
Payton
Mason
Thanks Mr. Ken!
Payton
Calla coming down
Kate. I promise she has a rope on, you just can’t see it.
Go Kate!
Hi Calla!
Wow, Hadden!
Calla showing off her safety gear.
Calla finally made it to that big red hold right above her! Nice work!
Hadden is such a smart boy! He loves, loves, loves reading. Some of his favorite books are The Magic Treehouse Series, Little House on the Prarie, Henry Huggins Series, and anything about airplanes. He is a great student and very musical. We are so proud of you Hadden for growing up to be such a big kid!
2 comments:
How fun! I think it is so great that Hadden loves music so much. Sorry about your foot! Being a laid-up mom is almost impossible!
We were so sad to bail out on the zoo. My kids are still upset about it, and we have his wrapped present sitting here. I hope he still likes it by the time he actually opens it.
Post a Comment