My poor, poor kids. They have spent since Tuesday at noon throwing up, and having diarrhea. We were giving Calla Pedialite as fast as she could drink it and keep it down and she still ended up in the ER on Thursday night. She got an IV (after 2.5 hours of trying and 4 pokes) and finally got rehydrated. They admitted her and she spent Thursday night and all of Friday in the pediatric unit getting rehydrated and waiting for the vomiting to stop so we could keep her hydrated at home. She's doing better at home now and is walking around and playing again. The docs are pretty sure it is rotavirus, so if you have a little one who isn't vaccinated (our family doc didn't have the vaccine when she was little--we have now switched to a pediatrician) get it now!
Hadden is having the same stuff now and we just hope his is more mild! Keep my kids in your prayers, they need it this week.
3 comments:
I HATE Rota! I have had 2 friends with kids in the hospital in the past month from this virus! It's bad. Macey has had the vaccine but it wasn't offered with my first two. I am definately praying for your sweet babies. Thank heaven for modern medicine!! :)
Oh! I am SO SO SO sorry and sad for you and your kids (it's not just the sick kids who pay for it) We, luckily, haven't had it (Audrey wasn't offered the vaccine) but I've heard stories. We pray your kids are feeling better soon!
It is no fun being sick, especially when it your kids. There is nothing worse than that. I hope they feel better soon.
Post a Comment