
Before all you LDS people have a heart attack, DON'T! I was his first date. We went to the African children's choir last week. They were in town at the local theater, and Hadden happened to notice them practicing as he was leaving his once-a-week choir hour. We bought tickets for the next night, forced him to take a nap, and headed out for a great evening. The choir was amazing! They sang and did traditional dance. The kids are all between 7 and 12 years old, and are all either orphans or from families so impoverished that they cannot afford to care for them. There were also three adult narrators who had been in the choir previously. I was totally amazed to learn that the choir sponsors these kids all the way through college. They only tour for one year, but then everything (food, education, housing, clothing) is paid for until they have earned a degree. I was amazed! Hadden loved the song, dance, and drums, all of which were performed by the kids. There was one song with a lion stage puppet that was a little scary. He kept leaning over for the next half hour to whisper to me, "Mom, was that lion real?" He's still talking about it, though, so I think we can call his first date a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment