We were so glad for the BYU Center! It was still pouring rain. We were soaked to the skin and we hadn't seen a clean bathroom all day, letalone one with hot water to warm our freezing hands. We watched a short film that talks about what the BYU Jerusalem center is and then we took a tour of the public portions of the center. They don't allow the general public to tour the student housing and classrooms as it would be too disruptive.
View from in the chapel.
Zoomed in you can see the Dome of the Rock in the background. We also attended church here on Sunday. I will NEVER sit in another church with a better view than this. It was AMAZING!!!
The organ. It is the largest in the Middle East. The group you see is a Russian tour group. They had their own organist who was allowed to play and we sat and listened to her. It was gorgeous sounding and the acoustics were amazing!
I have no good pictures of the Center, so I borrowed these next two from the internet.
It is on the Mount of Olives in a very prominent location. Hearing the stories of all the opposition and all the miracles of getting it built just affirm for me that the hand of the Lord was definitely involved. Our tour guide was the director of the center for 3 years and has taken many, many trips to Israel. When I googled for images of the Center, his photo popped up too. Funny!


No comments:
Post a Comment