For Spring Break last week, we headed down to Zion National Park for 6 days. My (Jenny's) whole family was there and my mom's sister, Hillary, even flew in from Ohio to join us. Sometimes Blogger and I just don't get along, and tonight seems to be one of those nights. So, all the pictures are in backwards order, but I don't have 3 hours to switch them so, here goes...

Eating ice cream on the lawn of Zion Lodge on the last day. Thanks, Grandpa! I should have taken a picture of the crowd that was covering the patio and lawn. I had
no idea there would be so many people visiting the park this week.

More ice cream.

Chris and Hillary, who have vey similar world and political views. Chris saw Hillary sitting alone and said, "what are you thinking about, Hillary?" She responded with, "I was just thinking about my hero, Glen Beck," and that was the start of their stimulating discussion. The rest of us were throwing rocks (see below).

Hadden takes his rock throwing
very seriously. He was not satified with the easily found pebbles. He kept digging out bigger and bigger rocks to throw. Such a boy!

Grandpa, always a good sport!

Calla takes after her brother and wants to be like him always, including in rock throwing.

Here is Hadden with his well deserved Junior Ranger patch and badge (on his shirt). He worked very hard to earn these and it was a painstaking process to get him to write every answer in the workbook the rangers gave him all by himself. But, he did it! He had to do the workbook to earn the badge and then go on a ranger guided hike to earn the patch. On the guided hike with Dad and Grandpa he even answered questions some of the adults didn't know. He came back and told us all about tarantula moths and all kinds of interesting stuff.

Calla wanted so bad to hike herself, and we humored her as much as possible. She was very proud of herself.

She found this butterfly chair outside one of the shops in town and insisted she must lay down on it to get her picture taken.

Ha, ha. Love you, Chris!

Here's the whole clan (minus me, of course). This was at the top of the Weeping Rock trail. They said that the water that seeps from these rocks is 800-1200 years old. It takes that long to filter down through all the sandstone! Crazy!

Happy Hikers.
5 comments:
So fun! I just love your family.
That makes me want to go on a vacation and go hiking!
It looks like you had fun; I'm glad. I love Calla's little girly personality (the butterfly bench) and Hadden's 'do it himself'... they are both great kids! I can't believe he is writing so well... well I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. :) About the broccoli sprouts; I just picked up bulk seed from www.mvseeds.com (SLC) for a project last year and used those- SO much cheaper than the "sprouting" ones. I need to order some more this year. We're in SL for this week :) but if we get back next week healthy we should play and we can try to sneak some in and see if your kids eat them. Putting them in tacos, etc. has been the most successful for us. Thanks for letting me copy your last post, too. Talk to you later!
I have not been to Zions in so long... we did Moab last year and LOVED it, so we gotta head to Zion soon. So much fun!!
Delicate Arch was nice, but Calla and Hadden will need help... we carried both Marin and Jace! Double O arch is awesome and just being in the dirt is what they loved best. The visitor center had a little hike they liked too.
Post a Comment